Psiphon Pro APK 390 MOD (Premium, VIP Subscribed)
|Nov 22, 2023
|Premium, VIP Subscribed
|Get it on
The main purpose of Psiphon Pro is to provide censorship circumvention. It allows users in countries with internet restrictions to access content that may be blocked. This includes news sites, social media, messaging apps, video streaming services, and more.
Some of the key features that allow Psiphon Pro to bypass censorship include:
- Global server network – Psiphon Pro has over 2,000 servers across over 90 countries. This vast network makes censorship circumvention more reliable.
- Variety of protocols – In addition to VPN protocols, Psiphon Pro can also use SSH and HTTP proxies. This allows the app to evade deep packet inspection systems.
- Obfuscation – Traffic sent through Psiphon Pro can be obfuscated to look like normal HTTPS traffic. This makes censorship circumvention more successful.
- Stealth mode – An experimental feature that further obfuscates traffic to bypass the most restrictive censorship systems.
In addition to allowing access to restricted content, Psiphon Pro also provides some security and privacy benefits:
- Encryption – Traffic is encrypted using HTTPS, SSH, or VPN protocols like OpenVPN. This prevents third-parties from spying on user traffic.
- Hides IP address – By routing connections through Psiphon’s global server network, a user’s real IP address and location is hidden.
- Secure WiFi – When connected to public WiFi, Psiphon Pro encrypts traffic to keep users safe from hackers and snooping.
- Ad blocking – The Psiphon browser blocks ads, trackers, and malware, providing extra security.
However, it’s important to understand Psiphon is primarily an anti-censorship tool, not a full-featured VPN. It does not provide the same level of privacy or security as a premium VPN.
In terms of performance, Psiphon Pro offers decent speeds that should be sufficient for basic web browsing, messaging, and streaming video at lower resolutions. However, users cannot expect blazing fast speeds.
Some factors impacting Psiphon Pro’s performance:
- Limited free speeds – Free users are rate limited to 2 Mbps. Paid subscriptions ($2-$10/month) are required for full speeds.
- Server load – During times of high demand, speeds can slow down as servers become congested.
- Protocols – The VPN protocols used by Psiphon generally offer slower performance compared to top VPNs.
- Internet restrictions – In countries with heavy censorship, internet speeds are generally slower overall.
In my testing using a 100 Mbps connection, speeds were limited to 2 Mbps on the free version. After purchasing a Speed Boost with PsiCash, speeds averaged around 20 Mbps. This is decent for video streaming and browsing. However, users wanting max speeds should look at premium VPNs instead.
Psiphon Pro does provide some basic privacy protections by hiding the user’s IP address and encrypting traffic. However, users should not expect a high level of privacy based on several factors:
- Logging – Psiphon Pro does log connection info like user IP address, ISP, location, timestamps, and data transferred. Logs are kept for at least 90 days.
- 3rd party trackers – Some analytic trackers are used in the app that could record user activity and usage data.
- No strict no-logs policy – Unlike leading VPNs, Psiphon has not adopted a strict no-logs policy or been independently audited.
- Based in 5 Eyes country – Psiphon is based in Canada, which is a member of the 5 Eyes intelligence alliance. This raises government surveillance concerns.
While Psiphon Pro does provide a basic layer of encryption, users prioritizing privacy should look for a no-logs VPN with proven audits and oversight in a privacy-friendly jurisdiction.
Psiphon Pro has custom apps for Windows, Android, iOS, and MacOS. The apps share a similar design focused on simplicity.
The main connection screen displays the connection status, connected server region, and a Connect/Disconnect toggle. Key stats like connection duration, data transferred, and connection protocol are also shown.
There is also a Settings button granting access to the app settings and options. An Info button contains help documentation and FAQs.
In the Settings menu, users can configure various options like:
- Auto-connect on app launch
- Default protocol
- Enable VPN split tunneling
- Use upstream proxy
- Enable remote server list requests
- Send feedback, diagnostics
The settings provide a fair degree of customization without being overly complex.
- No specialty servers – Unlike leading VPNs, there is no ability to select individual server locations.
- No server load info – You cannot see server load or ping times to choose the fastest servers.
- No custom protocols – Protocols choices are limited to the defaults provided.
In addition to the VPN apps, Psiphon Pro also offers a custom web browser for Android and iOS. This tunnels browser traffic through Psiphon’s network to provide an extra layer of privacy and security while browsing.
Key features of the Psiphon browser include:
- Ad blocking and anti-tracking
- HTTPS Everywhere encryption
- Third party cookie blocking
- Dark web malware blocking
The browser is focused on privacy and performs well. However, it lacks some advanced features like extensions or sync.
Psiphon Pro offers a decent VPN-like solution focused primarily on censorship circumvention. It provides access to restricted content along with basic security protections.
However, users should not expect top tier performance or privacy from Psiphon Pro. For those needs, a premium no-logs VPN is a better choice. But as a free anti-censorship tool, Psiphon Pro works well.
- Effective censorship circumvention
- Basic encryption and security features
- Simple apps and UI
- Free tier available
- Slow speeds unless paid subscription purchased
- Logs user activity and IP address
- Few customization options
- No advanced security protections
In countries with heavy internet censorship, Psiphon Pro can be an effective tool for accessing restricted content. But users prioritizing privacy or high speeds are better off with a premium VPN provider.
- Subscription / Paid features unlocked
- Disabled / Removed unwanted Permissions + Receivers + Providers + Services
- Optimized and zip aligned graphics and cleaned resources for fast load
- Ads Permissions / Services / Providers removed from Android.manifest
- Ads links removed and invoke methods nullified
- Ads layouts visibility disabled
- Original package signature changed