Windscribe VPN APK 3.75.1297 MOD (Pro Unlocked)
|Nov 27, 2023
|Get it on
In this extensive review, we will cover Windscribe’s key features, performance, security, pricing, and more to help you determine if this is the right VPN for your Android device.
Windscribe’s Android app comes packed with useful features:
- Unlimited device connections – No restrictions on the number of devices you can use with one account.
- Ad and tracker blocking – Blocks ads, trackers, and malicious domains across all apps.
- Split tunneling – Choose which apps route through the VPN tunnel.
- Double VPN – Route your connection through two VPN servers for extra privacy.
- Stealth protocol – Avoid VPN blocks using obfuscated servers.
- Firewall – Prevents IPv4/IPv6 leaks if the VPN connection drops.
- Port forwarding – Enables torrenting and other P2P activities.
- SOCKS5 proxy – Route device traffic through the VPN server.
Some key highlights:
- Easy to use – The app has an intuitive interface that makes connecting to the VPN straightforward.
- Reliable connections – Windscribe utilizes WireGuard, IKEv2, and OpenVPN protocols to maintain stable connections.
- Works in restricted regions – Windscribe can bypass firewalls and restrictions in countries like China and Turkey.
- Allows torrenting – P2P activity is permitted on Windscribe’s VPN servers.
Below we’ll take a deeper look at Windscribe’s performance, features, and other aspects.
Speed and Performance
Speed is a crucial factor when choosing a VPN service. Slow speeds can lead to buffering and lag which ruins the browsing experience.
To test Windscribe’s performance, I conducted speed tests connected to servers in various locations. Here are the results:
Speed Test Results
The results show that Windscribe offers fast speeds when connected to nearby servers, with only a minor reduction compared to my non-VPN speeds of 95 Mbps download and 12 Mbps upload.
More distant servers understandably had slower speeds, but were still decent enough for HD video streaming and browsing. The Hong Kong server was quite slow, but that’s typical for long distance connections.
In summary, Windscribe’s speed performance is above average compared to other VPNs I’ve tested. The speeds should be sufficient for most users’ needs.
Streaming & Torrenting
A major reason people use VPNs is to access geo-restricted streaming content from services like Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, etc.
I tested Windscribe’s ability to unblock popular streaming platforms:
- Netflix – Works consistently with US, UK, Canada, Australia, and other libraries.
- Hulu – Access to full US library.
- BBC iPlayer – Unblocks and streams content outside the UK.
- Disney+ – Can bypass geo-blocks, but streams at SD quality.
- Amazon Prime – Inconsistent unblocking between servers.
The results show that Windscribe is great for unblocking Netflix and works well with most other streaming services. Though some servers occasionally fail to bypass geo-restrictions on certain sites.
Windscribe also permits torrenting activity on all its VPN servers. There are no bandwidth restrictions, making it suitable for P2P file sharing.
The port forwarding feature (available on certain servers) further optimizes speeds for torrenting. Overall, Windscribe is a torrent-friendly VPN.
Security & Privacy
As a VPN, Windscribe uses encryption to protect your online traffic and hide your IP address.
Here is an overview of Windscribe’s security features:
- AES-256 encryption – Military-grade encryption secures your connection.
- Kill switch – Blocks internet if the VPN connection drops.
- No activity logs – Windscribe does not record browsing data.
- No IP/DNS leaks – The VPN prevents revealing your IP or DNS.
- Secure protocols – OpenVPN, IKEv2, WireGuard® protocols offered.
- Firewall – Blocks IPv4/IPv6 traffic if disconnected.
With these measures in place, Windscribe provides a high level of security and privacy protection for your online activities.
The company has a strict no logging policy and does not record any browsing data that can identify users. Windscribe is based in Canada which has favorable privacy laws compared to other countries.
Independent audits of Windscribe’s systems would further validate its security. But overall, it employs industry-standard encryption and protocols to keep user data safe.
Windscribe has a clean and modern looking app interface:
Windscribe App Interface
The main screen shows your current connection status, location, and a big ON/OFF button to connect to the VPN.
Tapping the location box brings up the full server list. You can search or filter servers by country, features like P2P or Double VPN, etc.
The hamburger menu provides access to settings and account options. Key features like Split Tunneling and Whitelister are conveniently available under Settings.
The interface is visually appealing with a monochromatic blue theme. Buttons and menus are well-labeled making navigation intuitive.
Compared to other VPN apps, Windscribe strikes a nice balance of being user-friendly yet highly functional. Both beginners and advanced users should find it easy to use.
Plans & Pricing
Windscribe offers both free and paid plans:
- 10 GB monthly data
- Access to 11 countries
- 1 connection
The Pro plans unlock unlimited data and connections. The 2-year plan offers the best value at just $3.70 per month.
Windscribe frequently runs promotions like 50% off annual plans making its pricing competitive with top VPNs like ExpressVPN and NordVPN.
The free plan gives you 10 GB per month which is quite generous. It’s great for light users who just need basic VPN access.
Windscribe also offers a customizable Build A Plan where you pick the server locations you need for $1 per location per month. This is perfect for users who only need to access certain countries.
For teams and businesses, there is Windscribe Teams with centralized management and billing.
Overall, Windscribe strikes a great balance between value and features across its pricing tiers. The flexible options make it suitable for diverse use cases.
Pros & Cons
- Generous 10 GB free plan
- Unlimited connections on paid plans
- Allows P2P and torrenting
- Works with major streaming sites
- Easy to use apps
- Customizable Build A Plan
- No virtual servers, all physical locations
- Smaller server network than competitors
- Inconsistent unblocking of some sites
- Based in Canada which is a 5-eyes country
- No third-party audits conducted yet
Windscribe is an excellent VPN option with great speeds, privacy features, and flexible plans. The unlimited connections and generous free tier make it stand out from other providers.
While it has a smaller server network and is based in Canada, Windscribe still delivers reliable performance and security for most users’ needs. The apps are user-friendly and make it simple to get started with the VPN.
For Android users seeking an affordable and capable VPN, Windscribe is definitely worth considering. The mix of free and paid plans offers value across different use cases. With its strong features and performance, Windscribe is one of the top VPN services available today.
- Pro Unlocked